Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tradition....Tradition!

My mom made this dinner in a pumpkin every Halloween growing up, and I think I've made it almost every year since I've had kids. I probably love it the most, but my kids enjoy it too. The funnest part is that I always make 2 and choose someone new to share it with. I haven't had anyone yet not like it.

Dinner in a Pumpkin:
Saute:
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 chopped onion

Add:
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 1/2 cups COOKED rice
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. brown sugar
chopped mushrooms (optional)
chopped can of water chestnuts (optional)

Mix completely. Scoop out a small-medium size pumpkin, fill pumpkin with mixture, bake at 350 for 2 hours, or until squash on the side of the pumpkin is done. Don't forget to draw your jack-o-lantern face before you cook it! (Oh, and if you chop up the mushrooms and water chestnuts really small, your kids won't have a clue they're in there!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: