Thanks to some wonderful, encouraging, and uber nice friends (you know who you are!)I started playing tennis last October. It's been a goal of mine to learn how to play for about 5 years now, I just couldn't figure out how to start. So, these friends heard I was interested and showed me the ropes. I practice two to three times a week, take lessons, and was invited to be on a team at our local tennis club. I am not quite obsessed with it, but I can honestly say I'd rather be playing tennis than just about any other activity right now. It's like I'm getting a second chance at living out my dreams of being an athlete. I have made some great new friends, get to challenge myself weekly, and wear cute outfits. :) It's so fun to learn something brand new as a grown adult and have success at it. I probably picked up a racket as a kid maybe a handful of times playing with my family for FHE, but I watched it often with my parents and in the past 5 or so years, I have been a very avid follower of pro tennis. I LOVE watching tennis matches. I will admit that I neglect motherly and wifely duties some during those 2 week tournaments, but I can't help it, I truly love watching it. Nathan has been very supportive, and listens to me rant and rave about it and doesn't mind watching a match here and there with me as well. Even the kids are starting to learn names of players and Zach is now playing and catching the bug. Anyway, I am grateful for this opportunity and am thoroughly enjoying myself.
My Team (I didn't know it was a "cute" picture, I just thought it was a "match day" picture, that's why everyone else looks all dolled up, and I look ready to play! I'm such a newbie!

2 comments:
Callie! I am so proud of you for learning something so new and fun. It's so important to take the time for yourself - and you're doing a great job at it! What a great (and hot) mom! I would love to learn tennis too; it's just not a priority yet.
Callie... I nominated you for the lovely blog award. check my blog out. Hope all is well!!
Post a Comment