Thursday, September 16, 2010
Thanks for the Memories Old Couch
We've had this hand-me-down couch from Nathan's parents for 11 years. It's been great. It's soft, huge, comfy, durable, and it was free! It's been a great couch for little kids and although I don't really allow my kids to eat on the couch, it happens occasionally, and I was never uptight about or cared much when babies puked, or kids smeared snot, etc. It was great. But what I hated about the couch was that all the cushions were removable. I know, I'm a horrible parent to not allow the kids to build forts, and stack them for stairs, etc., but it drove me crazy to have all those cushions everywhere. And the other thing was that the couch was the same color as the carpet. I've been "done" with it for a couple of years, but waiting patiently until Carter was a little older and Nathan was ready to look for a new one. Well, Nathan's brother's family were moving into a house and said that whenever we were ready to get rid of the couch, they would want it. Well, see, Nathan's a giver, and knowing I'd been wanting a new one for a while, he willingly took a trip to RC Willey's and we spent 2 hours and in search of the perfect couch. Our criteria was actually pretty hard to find, so we had to compromise a little. Nathan actually found it-he was quite proud of himself. Anyway, so the last night we had the couch, I let the kids play and build whatever they wanted to with the cushions. They had so much fun they almost cried when it left. We promised them they would love the new couch...
Wa-la! The replacement. The kids have decided they're ok with the new couch. It's so smooth and pretty and new. We have it pulled away from the windows about a foot and they like to crawl behind it and hide out, so they think that's pretty cool. And I think it totally adds class to the room. It's beautiful. I haven't had a chance yet this week to really try it out watching TV or with lots of people, but I think we'll keep it. It was a much needed upgrade to that room. So, farewell old couch, you have served us well, but it is time for new children to adorn you with their snot and druel. Our baby days are over, a sad thought actually...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ooooh la la! Very nice! Your old couch not only had drool from your children, but probably from a few make-out sessions on my part as well. Okay, maybe one make out session, and truth-be-told it wasn't very drooly. (I'm going for most awkward comment.)
I love the new couch!!! Thanks.
I think the couch cushions are off our couch at least twice a week. The twins love climbing up and down and it gives me about 10 minutes to cook dinner:)
By the way, nice new couch.. I like it!
Post a Comment