Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Awesomeness Continues


We finally made it to Yosemite. The kids have been begging for years, and we just never seemed to be able to make it. But after the crazy amount of snowfall this year, we knew we had to get there to see the waterfalls this year. We left first thing in the morning. We started out at Bridalveil Falls. It was the closest and shortest hike, which we thought would be a good start, but it turned out to be the wettest hike. It was like hiking in a rainstorm. We got soaked as soon as we came within 100 feet of the bottom of the falls. We weren't prepared to get quite so wet yet, so the kids were a little annoyed, but we had brought extra shoes and clothes, so we switched and were fine the rest of the time. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. We went to Yosemite Falls next, and had our picnic lunch there. The kids were a little tired, but somehow Dad managed to convince them that the next hike was super cool and totally worth it. Well, it started out great, but then half way through the 1.5 mile hike, it went straight up. And it stayed that way until the end. I can't even believe the kids kept going. I was very proud of them. They almost gave up at the very end, but when they realized the end was around the corner, they perservered. Carter rode on the back of Dad's back the whole time, so he was good, but even Abby did it all by herself. And then they practically ran all the way back down. I'm not sure they completely appreciated the awesomeness of the site and how fun we were really having :), but I'm pretty sure I didn't as a kid either, so it's payback time. Mom and Dad: I now humble myself and apologize for being a stinker on site seeing road trips. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: