They are pouring the concrete Monday, so the backyard will have a whole different look after that. Very exciting!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Waterfall and Slide Finished
Finally, there has been some progress this week! The hold up has been the slide. It got mis-shipped to Arizona??? and took more than a week to get here, so they couldn't finish the waterfall without the slide, and they couldn't do the concrete until all that was done, so everything was on hold. Well, the slide arrived on Monday, they put it together on Tuesday, but OOPS!, there was no ladder to go with the slide. Um, big problem. The cute Hispanic man that's doing the tile and rock work said to me Wed. morning (please say this with a Mexican accent, it's much funnier), "I have a surprise for you. They didn't send a ladder for the slide. And with your little ones and for safety reasons, there a needs to be a slide. (Um, yes at the very least for safety reasons!:) So, I'm a gonna build you some steps (and points to a pile of cinderblocks-yikes!). It's gonna be like this and that and it's gonna be very nice and if you don't like it, I'll take it back." I didn't quite get the picture, but this guy does great work, so I had to trust him. So when that day was over, all you could see from my back door was a brick wall, a half a pyramid. It's a massive structure. So after 4 days of building (and I'm pretty sure a lot of cursing in Spanish) our waterfall and slide are in place and it is something else, I tell ya! I love it, it's gorgeous from all angles and it's gonna be a blast! There's kind of a little grotto on the back side of it under the slide, so I told the kids it could be their secret hide-out. And it can also double as a earthquake/bomb shelter. Total bonus!!
They are pouring the concrete Monday, so the backyard will have a whole different look after that. Very exciting!




They are pouring the concrete Monday, so the backyard will have a whole different look after that. Very exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that looks awesome! Way better than some dumb ladder. Lucky for you they didn't order one, too bad for them they had to build the steps. :)
You are going to have such a nice backyard! I'm so jealous! We don't have a backyard since we have a townhome. Hopefully we can move once the kidos are older.
Post a Comment