Monday, June 1, 2009

Temple Trip and Apricot Stand


We went to the Sacramento Temple with Nathan's parents and brother and his wife on Saturday to do the sealings of both sets of Nathan's grandparents. We did 6 in all: sealing Norm's parents to each other, Norm's dad to his grandparents, Norm to his parents, then sealing Diane's parents, her mother to her grandparents, then Diane to her parents. It was really a neat experience. I've never done an ordinance for someone I actually knew. It was very fulfilling for everyone, but especially to Nathan's parents who had waited a long time for this to happen. We were very grateful to be a part of it.

So, our apricot tree went out of control this year and after freezing all I needed to make jam for the next year and for Christmas, the kids and I decided to have an apricot stand out front. They have to earn their tickets to Legoland for this fall, so they're eager for ways to earn money, and this appealed a lot more than any cleaning job I would give them. They helped me pick the apricots, made the sign, set up camp, and then waited. It took a good 20 minutes before anyone stopped, but in one hour they made $22 dollars-pure profit. So, now they've got 7 less dollars to earn. I think we'll try again tomorrow. Oh, but the cute thing was, at the beginning when nothing was happening, Morgan went inside to get her ipod, well Abby followed her, and came out with her Book of Mormon and did a little light reading while waiting for some customers. We should have had a stack of them to pass out to everyone who stopped by, huh? :)

No comments: