Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bishop Family Reunion in Delta

 

So this year, Mom and Dad were in charge of the big Bishop famiy reunion which included all of my dad's sisters, brothers, and their kids. They always go camping in Oak City, near Delta, where my dad grew up. So instead of the big Bear Lake trip we usually take in the summer, our presence was requested at this reunion in June. We did a Survivor Themed: splitting up into tribes, having challenges of all different varietes that we each took a turn being in charge of, and prizes, and crafts galore. They didn't have any running water at the campground, which we were not aware of, but luckily most of us brought RV's so we had plenty of water for our needs for the 4 days. It was planned in every detail down to the minute by my mother, the master planner, and we had a great time! If there wasn't an activity planned, the kids would play games together, wander to the river nearby, climb the cliffs, or whatever. We didn't sleep very well for some reason in our trailer, but other than that we had a wonderful family-bonding time!

Also, while we were in Utah, we managed to visit our cousins, the Jacksons, in Provo (then Zach stayed there for a couple of days with Ben), and our friends, the Bergs, in Heber City (then Morgan stayed there with her best friend Samantha), go to the Roy Aquatic Center, have a Burger Bar tailgate party and eat at Cafe Rio. Good trip! Good trip! Cousins are the best thing in the whole world!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy Lynn said...

Callie I'm sorry I missed you at the pool. I totally spaced it off and I didn't get your email until that night because I don't often check that email address. I did get your message through facebook earlier but just spaced it. Sorry! Hope you had fun.