Carter turned 4 this week. We invited a couple of families over for dinner that have boys his age. It was pretty much a superhero themed birthday. He got spiderman sheets, Toy Story games, an Iron Man costume to add to his costume collection, and some coloring and sticker books of the same characters. And he had ordered a Toy Story cake. He was in heaven!
The boys played superheroes for an hour running around the house saving and attacking. He, of course slept in his costume that night, gloves and all. He wears his get-ups anywhere I let him: the gym, the store, the park. For the most part, I figure "why not?". There are a few exceptions which Carter does not appreciate! I love 4! I hope this next year will be as a great and fun for Carter as it has been with my other kids. It's just a magical age blending independence, creativity, social skills, and cuteness! My baby is now 4. I'd give anything to hold him as a newborn once more, oh he was so sweet and yummy. But, that's not how life works and I am very aware of how fast it passes, so I'm making extra effort to spend more time with him and do fun things together, because when I blink, he'll be 12 and I'll have no one to make shields or teddy bear shaped peanut butter sandwiches for.


No comments:
Post a Comment