Bits, Pieces, and Crums

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cub Scout Blue and Gold Dinner

To celebrate the birthday of scouting, the cub scouts hold a Blue and Gold Banquet every year in February. It's a tradition in our ward, as in many others, for the boys and their father to decorate a cake about scouts. It's pretty amazing what people come up with and what time they put into the cakes. It was actually pretty stressful for Nathan and I (I was there for support, they did most of the work) and we were kind of wondering if other families found this little tradition as stressful as we did, but nonetheless, it was an impressive showing. After looking on the internet, Zach chose his campfire design and we went to work. They did a great job.



Posted by Callie at 2:22 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LOVE


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Websites I Recommend:

  • http://www.powerofmoms.com/
  • www.lds.org
  • www.mormon.org

Blinkie

Subscribe To My Blog:

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

Blogs I Follow

  • *Life As We Know It*/Chad and Amy
    Snow and Fufu
    13 years ago
  • Babes in Hairland
    IT'S BEEN A YEAR!
    13 years ago
  • Bahouth Blog
    What's up?
    16 years ago
  • Bakers
  • Blogger: Sign in
  • Crystal and Brent
  • Digital Scrapbooking and so much more
    Digital Family History -- Class Notes
    13 years ago
  • Garcia Lovin'!
    Karina's Birth Story
    14 years ago
  • Grant & Heather
    Harrison Birth Story
    8 years ago
  • Just Jess
  • Kimberly Humpherys
  • Leaking Levee
  • Life with 4 Boys
    A's vs Yankees Game (Tradition)
    17 years ago
  • Marji & Jim's Blog
    March Happenings
    12 years ago
  • Paul and Emily
    Howdy Braden
    14 years ago
  • Sally Watty's Blog
    Update
    17 years ago
  • Shef-Chicks
    family
    15 years ago
  • Targhee, Monica, and Leilani Cole
    A Year?
    11 years ago
  • The Gibson Family
    What's Been Happening?
    16 years ago
  • The Girl from Star Land
    Child Four comes home
    16 years ago
  • The Perry Post
    New Blog
    16 years ago
  • Two Peas & a Pot
    10 months ago

Book Highlight

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You HAVE to read this book. It is awesome and by far my favorite book of the year! The characters are delightful and insightful and I enjoyed every page of the book and did NOT want it to end. It's hard to imagine a world like Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960's. I'm so grateful I didn't live then nor did I have any ancestors who did, that might be hard for me to swallow. The movie was well done as well, but I was so grateful I'd read the book first to fill in all the holes. Fabulous, fun read!!

View all my reviews

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2011 (17)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ▼  March (3)
      • Zach's 10th Birthday Party
      • Happy Birthday Carter
      • Cub Scout Blue and Gold Dinner
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2010 (18)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2009 (54)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2008 (12)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)

Background

About Me

My photo
Callie
View my complete profile

Summer in Utah-July 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Mother's Day 2008
Cutest Kids Ever!!

Piano Recital-June 2008

Piano Recital-June 2008
My 3rd Annual Spring Recital. We had it at my house this time and it actually worked out quite nicely. We moved some furniture around and there was plenty of space. I have 7 students right now, Morgan being one of them. Zach will probably start this next year. It's a little tricky fitting in lessons after school, but I really feel like I need to help perpetuate young piano players for future church callings.
Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.