BEFORE:
AFTER:
AFTER
So, this is phase one of our pool construction. They came Thursday morning, and as the bobcat dug in his forked scooper into our grass for the first time and scooped up a big pile of dirt and sod, I thought to myself, "Oh my goodness, what are we doing?!?" Carter and Abby thoroughly enjoyed watching the tractor go back and forth all day long-it was pretty exciting. It is a big mess right now, the kids are getting braver everyday about the hole. I thought they'd put some kind of fence around it, but nope. I found Zach and Carter down in it on Saturday, then Sunday, everyone was throwing balls in there, and Morgan was down in there trying to get them out. I mean, a big huge hole of dirt-what could be funner for kids. And actually, I would totally let them go at it and get all dirty digging around, then just hose them off, except that the crew shaped all of the walls, steps, and ledges, so we don't want to mess up any of that. Anyway, you can kind of get a feel for the shape of it. The closest curve will have a big huge 1' step for little tykes to play on, then the left back curve is the outside of the spa, then that box in the back right is where the waterfall will go, with the slide curving around behind it. I sat outside yesterday afternoon, and with my eyes closed, I could envision it all, and I hope it turns out and wonderful as I have in my head. :) I intend to add new pictures of every phase, so stay tuned....

4 comments:
How exciting! Just in time for summer too. Do Carter and Abby know how to swim? I hope you don't mind but I added you to my blog list. :)
I am so jealous! I so want a pool, but not until the kids are older.
I saw the bobcat at your house. How exciting to picture it all coming together. By the way, Happy Birthday!!
Emily
Yes...Happy birthday! I guess a new pool is a pretty good gift. Wow! I can't wait to see how it progresses. It sounds like it will be amazing!!
Post a Comment