Monday, April 6, 2009

Lodi Lake Easter Fun Run 5K

Morgan, Zach, and I did the Fun Run at Lodi Lake on Saturday. I did the 5K, and they did the kids' 1/4 run. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful course, and felt good to be out there. Nathan stayed with the kids while I ran. He's training for a half-marathon, so this small stuff of 3 miles wasn't for him. :) I beat my last race time by 6 minutes, but was nowhere near the leaders in my age division. But I consider myself a winner for just doing it, ya know! I had told the kids we weren't trying to win, so run as fast or as slow as they wanted, but when the group of kids took off, they couldn't help but keep up with them, and could barely breath when they were done. :) They weren't contenders either, but they got a ribbon and some treats, so they were good. Hopefully, they'll be willing to do it again, and we can continue doing this activity as a family. It's good for the kids to see us doing stuff like this. If only they realized how badly I hate running, they'd be more impressed.:)


No comments: