Sunday, March 15, 2009
All CLEAN!
Grandpa Bishop, Dad, Grandpa Crum with Zach
I think Zach got tired of smiling.
Both Grandpas gave wonderful talks, and Morgan sang "When I am Baptized" (the Rainbow song), which was very sweet of her to do for her brother. We had lots of friends from the ward there. Grandma Crum had the flu, so she wasn't able to make it. When you asked Zach how he felt afterwards, he would reply, "I just feel happy, like I always do." I tried to explain that when you make right choices, it does make you happy. He is generally a pretty happy kid, so I don't think he was like, "Wow! I feel different!" but he did have a good day and we're very grateful for all the family and friends that shared this day with us.
Zach is a very special kid. Obviously, he's a lot like his dad, which is a great thing, because his dad's a pretty special guy. And although he'd like to play video games all day long, he will happily without complaint do anything to help me, take a break and go play something else, play with Carter, whatever. He thrives on routine, so he's almost always the first one done with chores, getting ready for school or bed, getting his homework/piano done, etc. But if I want him to do more than 2 things in a row, I have to write them down, 'cuz his brain can't remember things that far. :) Yes, he's a very smart boy, but I think he's pretty nice too. He doesn't really have best friends, but his teacher at school tells me that everyone likes Zach. He's kind of the class clown and gets along with everybody. He's not particularly inclined to team sports, but is good at karate and swimming so far. Because he's such a little tyke, His dad and I have a battle about his eating. Nathan wants him to eat anything he wants, as much as he wants, whenver he wants, and I'm trying to teach healthy eating habits and portion control. A quart size tupperware bowl of fishy crackers in not an appropriate size snack for ANYONE! :) He's a pretty sensitive kid too. He's always talking and worrying about the poor people. I hope he'll stay that way. Anyway, we love our Zachy and wouldn't trade him for the world! I remember being frustrated with him as a 2-3 year old boy and thinking, "How am I gonna do boys?" but I can't imagine our family without him. I mean, come on, if you know him, you just say his name and you smile, don't you? I hope you'll always "feel happy" and keep enjoying life Zach-we love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment