Sunday, March 15, 2009
"LEGO"ing of 7!
Zach had 7 boys come to his Lego Birthday party Friday night, March 6th, the day before his birthday and boy did they have a great time. Although I have never had that many boys in my house at one time, they were mostly well behaved and they were quite easy to entertain. We had 4 different boxes and sizes of Legos for them to play with, and they just jumped right in making all sorts of things. We played "hot lego", had a tower building contest, and a Guess how many Legos are in the jar contest, then at the end we had 3 different Lego video games set up: Lego Batman on the TV with the PS3, Lego Star Wars on the computer, and another Lego Star Wars on the big screen in a different room. They just rotated around taking turns. We had pizza, root beer, and then of course cake and presents. I made the Lego cake, which in theory is quite simple, but it still took 2+ hours to frost the thing! Those little cupcakes on top are trickier than they look. They entertained themselves so well, that I was able to do some laundry, and make some phone calls during the party. :) There were a few moments of "Oh, my goodness there are 8 boys yelling and screaming, rough housing, and burping in my house", but we kept them mostly under control. Actually, towards the end when we were doing the cake and they were getting really hyper, we made them play the whisper game. :) I think Nathan was more bothered by it than I was, which is funny. Each boy got to take home a mini lego set and some Lego candy I found at the candy shop in the mall-very cool. It was a whoppin' success I would say! (Like always, you can click on the collage to see the pictures in full size.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You are just too clever Callie! The party looks so fun and I love the invitations. What a fun mom you are!
great idea! I can't believe that you now have 2 over the age of 8! so how do you do the scrap--booking pages on there? is it a separate software?
Do you use Picasa to organize your digital photos? You can create slideshows, and collages from your pictures, then there is a "blog this" button, and it goes directly onto your blog. If you don't use Picasa, it's a free program from google, and it's an awesome way to organize, find, and edit your photos. If you have anymore questions, let me know.
Post a Comment