Sunday, March 1, 2009
Re-tract that!
So, lame, lame, lame! The company doing the Les Mis play got the rights pulled out from under them last week, because they're not a High School-type production, but they're not professional either, so whoever had to give them clearance said they couldn't do it until next year when they revamp the scrip and rules and such. Whatever! Anyway, they have "postponed it for a year" until they can get the rights. Oh, and I just got a call today from the producer, when Morgan was supposed to start rehearsals on Saturday. She says she's tried to call for a week or so, but didn't want to leave a message, which I understand, but she could have said, "This is so and so, please call me about the play, etc." So, we just heard this through the grapevine from a friend that was going to be in the choir. Morgan is heartbroken. After telling many friends and family and being so excited about it, she won't even get to do it. They told us they'd like to keep the same cast and would Morgan still be willing to do participate, and I said, "Well, I don't see any reason why not, but that is a year away, so I can't say for sure." Anyway, I'm not going to hold my breath, I'll be surprised if they end up doing it at all. They're going to do West Side Story this year instead, but there are no children's parts. It's mostly frustrating because there aren't a lot of production companies around here that she can be involved in, so we're limited in opportunities. There are a couple summer programs, but we're gone most of the summer, so that doesn't work. We're going to have to really look into some things and figure out something for her to be involved in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment